Are you thinking of doing a Ph.D. in law? Are you interested in pursuing a career in teaching and conducting research in law?
Join our event on Academic Careers in Law to get more information and tips about kick-starting your career in academia. The event will be chaired by Dr. Machiko Kanetake, and speakers include a PhD candidate, a researcher and lecturer at UU.
The programme will be as follows:
Introduction & overview
- Risks and benefits – think twice before you start
- Where you get information
- Writing a proposal, including methodologies
- Doing post-docs
- After post-docs: getting lectureship
Doing a PhD
- Getting positions and grants (including those in the Netherlands)
- After commencing Ph.D.
We look forward to seeing many of you.