What legal actions may be taken against those who can be held criminally accountable for shooting down Flight MH17? Which possibilities regarding compensation for the families of the victims of the tragedy do exist? These and a lot of other questions will be answered during the symposium ‘After Flight MH17: Reparation & repercussion’, organized by Ad Informandum and Urios.
- Directly from the Ukraine: Mr. A. Hug: Deputy Chief Monitor of the Special Monitoring Mission OSCE
- dr. H. Bevers: Legal advisor at the Prosecutor’s Office of the ICC
- Mr. J. Hulsenbek: former Attorney General in the Netherlands and former vice-president of the Dutch Safety Board
- Mr. B. ter Haar: Senior Research fellow at Clingendael Institute
- prof. dr. H. Roos: former Professor of Aviation logistics management
- Ms. M. van Steenhoven: Lawyer at Beer Advocaten
- dr. M. Jansen: Historian and author of Borderland: A history of Ukraine.
- Chair: prof. dr. C. Ryngaert: Professor of International law at Utrecht University
In the end, the panelists and the audience will have the opportunity to discuss their views on the legal matters regarding the MH17 tragedy.
When: February 26th, 2015 from 19:00-23:00
Where: Aula of the Academiegebouw, Domplein 29 in Utrecht
Entrance: 1€ for members of Urios and Ad Informandum and 3€ for non-members.
Registration: through http://goo.gl/forms/lnFo1D6KMH or by sending an e-mail to
. Be quick because there is a limited number of seats!